Pour Over Coffee Equipment have been making headlines since coffee enthusiasts realized that they create the most delicious brew there is. The number of people ditching the conventional coffee machines for pour over coffee makers continues to grow tremendously due to this fact.
What makes them very efficient and incredible when it comes to creating a clean and robust brew is because they come with some of the most outstanding equipment. These tools work harmoniously, and every single one of them is included to ease your coffee making task while giving you a fresh and fully flavored brew every time you want a cup.
What is The 7 Most Important Pour Over Coffee Equipment
Despite their simplicity, pour over coffee machines are undoubtedly the most trending coffee making devices the market. Their composition is remarkable, and the simple fact that they can enable you to produce a tasty brew is beyond outstanding.
So far, there is only seven most important pour over coffee equipment that you won’t fail to notice once you start using the devices. These include.
1. Coffee Dripper
Every pour over coffee maker comes with a coffee dripper since it is one of the main components that will ensure you get a delicious cup of coffee. The work of a coffee dripper is to hold the coffee grounds and water as well as allow steeping. The design of the coffee dripper varies from one device to another.
- Clever Coffee Dripper is made of plastic that is 100% BPA free to ensure that your brew doesn’t get contaminated as you steep. And it is the easiest dripper to use.
- The Kalita Wave Coffee Dripper is available in three materials, stainless steel, glass, and ceramic. You have a choice to pick whichever you want.
- Hario V60 is one of the most popular coffee drippers in the world, available in four materials, ceramic, plastic, glass, and metal. The ceramic material is best to retain the heat and maintain the coffee temperature.
- Lastly is the Chemex Coffeemaker which comes in non-porous borosilicate glass so to ensure that the coffee doesn’t absorb any odor or chemical residues.
2. Coffee Filter
The devices must have a coffee filter whose work is to sieve the coffee by ensuring that not even the tiniest debris passes through. The coffee filter is also the reason why you always end up with a clean and robust brew that is less oily unlike that of conventional coffee machines. Each coffee dripper has a different type of coffee filter.
- There is the conical coffee filter which is made from paper that can either be bleached or unbleached meaning 100% chlorine free.
- Other coffee filters are basket-shaped with a stainless mesh to ensure that coffee debris doesn’t pass through.
- There are the Hario V60 Coffee Filters that are funnel-like and very easy to use.
- Then there is the Chemex Coffee Filter that is thicker than other filters so the taste will cleaner.
Each coffee filter functions well and ensures that the different pour over coffee drippers work just fine.
3. Pour Over Kettle
The pour over coffee kettle is yet another incredible equipment that you will find useful. These kettles usually hold the water required for brewing at a certain temperature.
- Some of the most renowned pour over kettles include the Bonavita BV382510V Kettle that has a polished stainless steel surface and a black plastic base. It comes with a gooseneck spout to control pouring.
- There is the Kalita Wave Kettle which has a remarkable stainless steel surface that is well polished to achieve a great finish. The handle is made of wood to protect your hands from heat and has a 1L capacity.
- The Hario V60 Buono Kettle has a wavy polished stainless steel surface with an insulated handle. It also has a flat knob lid and a capacity of 1.2L.
- Then there is the Fellow Stagg EKG Electric Pour Over Kettle that has a chic design and a classy handle; there is a thermostat to maintain your desired temperature.
There are also brewing thermometers available to ensure that you always have a brew with the right temperature.
- One of the best thermometers for brewing is the Blesiya food thermometer. It comes with a remarkable LCD screen that shows the temperature of your coffee. It measures from -45 to 200 Celsius and comes with a stainless steel finish. This thermometer can work with any pour over coffee device.
5. Coffee Server or Coffee Mug
There are also some coffee servers or coffee mugs that have been designed to ensure that you have a brilliant brewing and coffee serving time.
- This includes the Hario V6 Clear Coffee Server which comes with a heat-resistant clear glass and wavy design. There is also the Hario V6 Glass Range Coffee Server that is conical in shape and just like the Hario V6 Clear Coffee Server it has a heat-resistant glass. The only discernible difference is the design of the coffee mug and the outlook.
- There is also the Kalita (Carita) Glass 500-G Coffee Server that is much more simple in design. It comes with a polypropylene lid and a heat-resistant glass finish.
All these coffee servers are easy to use and wash.
6. Scale and Timer
For weighing the amount of brew created or water needed to create the brew, the scale and timer are usually very important. The timer is used to track the blooming, pouring and infusion.
- Some of the best scales and timer in the market include the Hario V60 Drip Coffee Scale and Timer. This timer is easy to use and very classy. It uses two AA batteries and has an Auto power off feature that shuts the timer after 5minutes of idling.
- There is also the Acaia Pearl Laboratory Grade Digital Coffee Scale that gives an ultra-fast response. It also has incredible accuracy and a rechargeable battery that lasts for 20-30 hours.
7. Coffee Grinder
Every great coffee is determined by the size of the grind. This is why you need a coffee grinder to complement your pour over coffee maker. Having a grinder also means that you will only be using freshly ground coffee which is known to have the most flavor. There are namely two types of coffee grinders, the electric grinder, and the manual grinder.
- Some of the best grinder brands include the JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder. This grinder comes with an adjustable grind selector with 15setings to ensure that you have the exact grind you want. The grinder is very small and thus portable, it is manual thus requires no battery or electricity.
- There is also the Hario Ceramic Coffee Mill which comes in a very stylish design. It is small, lightweight, portable and adjustable to deliver the exact grind you want. This grinder is perfect and has been designed to produce the best grind possible.
- There is also the Bodum Bistro Burr Grinder which is electric and thus can produce coffee grounds in seconds. The grinder crashes coffee beans instead of slicing to ensure consistency of the grind.
- Lastly, there is the Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder. This is yet another electric grinder with a compact look. It comes with a grind selector that enables you to select the type of grind you want.
Each pour over coffee device come with the above equipment to ensure that you have an easy time creating your brew. The equipment is also the reason behind the delicious coffee that is always bursting with flavor.
If you want to know which pour over coffee maker is remarkable in the market, watch out for my next posts which will have the reviews of different pour over coffee makers and the instructions of how to use them.
If you have any questions or anything about the “Pour Over Coffee Equipment” you want to share with me, please leave a comment below.